Sunday, June 27, 2010
JUICY...... Junk Le Bells June
Several years ago I used juice lids for a project and still had a whole box of them sitting here. Since I always seem to paint my Junk Le Bells project I wanted to offer something that all you non painters could do.
My updated version of juice lids.
Bells and wire...
Crochet and bells...
I used an awl and hammer to make my holes. I just did top/bottom then side/side. Divide again and then once again ---I had 16 holes. Paint the rims your desired color. I sized the pictures to fit the inside rim and used mod podge to put them on. Once they were dry I sealed the top with mod podge again.
My crochet trim : round one single crochet into the hole and then 4 chain. My 2nd round was 1 single, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 double, 1 single on each chain.
I had to use some paint of course! I used a Lt coco to help stiffen the crochet thread. Then to accent I used a brown wash around the the outside edges.
Rusty bells sewn on every other one.
I painted on some white glue and sprinkled with cinnamon for the rusty look...
For the bell edge I just took a length of rusty wire and wove in around the edge putting a bell on each hole.
I used a fat handle to wrap the wire around to make my hanger and then curled the ends into spirals. I finished them off with a quick spritz of glitter spray for a little extra bling.
My next batch.... I used gold spray paint on these....now how to finish the edges....
I am linking to